Frequently Asked Questions


Who is High Velocity?


High Velocity Equipment Training College is Alberta's first licensed Private Vocational Heavy Equipment Training College.  We are license by Alberta Advanced Education's Private Career Colleges Branch.  High Velocity has been operating as a college since 2008.


Where is your College located?


Field and Classroom Training Facilities are located at the High Velocity Equipment Training College Field Training Site, only 5 minutes west of River Cree Resort and Casino on Highway 628 in Edmonton, Alberta.



What courses does your College offer?


We offer a 12 week program specializing in 4 pieces of equipment as well as 3 week individual piece courses.


When are your courses offered?


We operate year round with weekly intakes so you can work with a schedule that suits your needs.


What are your admission requirements?


Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.  If an applicant is under 18 years of age, parental/guardian consent will be required.


Applicants must provide proof of a Minimum Grade 10 verified by transcript or equivalent.  Applicants without proof of graduation or GED certificate must demonstrate essential math and literacy requirements through the High Velocity Equipment Training Student Assessment.


Applicants must meet the basic physical criteria of a heavy equipment operator as identified by the National Occupational Classification (NOC 7421):



A Class 5 Driver's License is recommended but not mandatory.


How much is tuition?


Tuition for our courses can be found on the Heavy Equipment Operator Training and Individual Machine Training Course pages.


What funding options are available?


There are a variety of funding options available to qualified individuals. Please check our funding options page. Email us if you require further assistance.


How do I apply?


You can fill out an electronic application and submit it online. If you prefer to apply by mail or fax you can call 1.866.963.IRON(4766) and an application will be mailed to you. You can also book an appointment to visit our college and fill out an application in person.


Does High Velocity guarantee employment after training?


We cannot guarantee employment after graduation. We do, however, have a dedicated career services advisor who will work with you extensively throughout the length of your training and will continue to do so after you graduate.


Our career services include:




How can I pay?


Tuition payment options: We are able to accept Visa, MasterCard, Money Order, Bank Draft, Certified Cheque, or Cash. We are unable to accept Personal Cheques.



Still have questions you'd like to ask? Click here to email High Velocity Equipment Training College's Admissions Advisor or call 1-866-963-4766 for more information.



Fully Licensed Training on

  • Excavator
  • Dozer
  • Loader
  • Rock Truck
  • Grader

Call now:   1-866-963-IRON



Questions?  Our Admissions Advisor is here to help!


Call 1-866-963-IRON (4766) or 1-780-678-6288 or
Email Us today!

Not sure if being a Heavy Equipment Operator is right for you?  Come try your hand at our Heavy Metal Rocks Earth Moving Experience!